Dr. Nadia Ahmad, MD, MPH
Internal Medicine & Obesity Specialist
Dr. Nadia is a Specialist Obesity Medicine doctor and the Founding Director of the Obesity Medicine Institute (OMI) in Dubai. Born and raised in the United States, Dr. Nadia has over 7 years of experience in the new specialty of Obesity Medicine, which focuses on the science of Obesity and evidence-based treatments for this complex condition.
Together with her multidisciplinary team, Dr. Nadia performs a thorough and holistic evaluation and generates an individualized treatment plan for each patient. She is committed to the long-term management of patients struggling with weight issues.
Her aim is educate and empower every patient, to optimize the quality of life and achieve the healthiest weight possible.
- Harvard-trained, American Board certified Internal Medicine and Obesity Medicine Specialist
- MD, New York University School of Medicine in 2003
- Residency in Internal Medicine at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in 2006
- Instructor in Medicine at Harvard Medical School and faculty at the MGH Obesity, Metabolism and Nutrition Institute.
- Obesity Medicine and Nutrition fellowship program established at MGH in 2007.
- Served as the Assistant Director of the 2013 Blackburn Course
- Published on the medical management of obesity, the field of Obesity Medicine, and the regulation of energy balance
- Speaker at regional and national meetings in the US and abroad.
Dr. Nadia enjoys reading, travelling and dancing.
Specialty / Expertise
- Therapeutic options for weight loss, including lifestyle and nutritional approaches, pharmacotherapy and surgery
- Skilled in the management of general obesity
- Medication-induced weight gain
- Genetic weight disorders
- Pre and post-operative care of the bariatric surgical patient.