Dr. Nadia Ahmad, MD, MPH
Internal Medicine & Obesity Specialist
Dr. Nadia is an Obesity Medicine specialist and the Founding Director of the Obesity Medicine Institute (OMI) in Dubai. Born and raised in the United States, Dr. Nadia has over 7 years of experience in the new specialty of Obesity Medicine, which focuses on the science of Obesity and evidence-based treatments for this complex condition.
Together with her multidisciplinary team, Dr. Nadia performs a thorough and holistic evaluation and generates an individualized treatment plan for each patient. She is committed to the long-term management of patients struggling with weight issues.
Her aim is educate and empower every patient, to optimize the quality of life and achieve the healthiest weight possible.
- Harvard-trained, American Board certified Internal Medicine and Obesity Medicine Specialist
- MD, New York University School of Medicine in 2003
- Residency in Internal Medicine at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in 2006
- Instructor in Medicine at Harvard Medical School and faculty at the MGH Obesity, Metabolism and Nutrition Institute.
- Obesity Medicine and Nutrition fellowship program established at MGH in 2007.
- Served as the Assistant Director of the 2013 Blackburn Course
- Published on the medical management of obesity, the field of Obesity Medicine, and the regulation of energy balance
- Speaker at regional and national meetings in the US and abroad.
Dr. Nadia enjoys reading, travelling and dancing.
Specialty / Expertise
- Therapeutic options for weight loss, including lifestyle and nutritional approaches, pharmacotherapy and surgery
- Skilled in the management of general obesity
- Medication-induced weight gain
- Genetic weight disorders
- Pre and post-operative care of the bariatric surgical patient.